Welcome to our raffle!
Our industry is essential to New Hampshire, our builders provide more than just a house or a condo, they create HOMES and our associates provide services to help homeowners.
This raffle is serving two important missions, to grow our organization and help raise funds for our Builders Care Foundation, otherwise known as Hammers for Vets. Hammers for Vets believes in helping and honoring our veterans in New Hampshire. Veterans make up more than 10% of the state’s population and the number of veterans with disabilities is growing.
Only 1,000 raffle tickets will be sold and we will pull the winner the day after Thanksgiving 2021.
We are proud that one of our members, Banks Auto is helping us with this raffle.
Rules & Regulations
1. Purchase one or more raffle tickets during New Hampshire Home Builders Association (NHHBA) Raffle and you’ll be entered in a raffle to win this prize. To enter the raffle, at least one ticket must be purchased for $100. Additional tickets for additional costs may also be purchased. Odds of winning are based on the number of individuals contributing. A maximum of 1,000 tickets will be sold. Void where prohibited. The raffle is open to any eligible person 18 years of age or older residing in the US beginning on 6:00 am on April 15th. All times referenced for the NHHBA raffle are Eastern Time.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Employees NHHBA and their immediate family members are ineligible.
3. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS: Winner(s) will be selected in a random drawing on 11/26/21 and does not need to be present. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of NHHBA and will not be returned. Winners will be notified by phone, mail and/or email. If potential winner(s) cannot be reached after 10 days from first notification attempt, or if an entrant is found to be ineligible or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected by random drawing. 1st, car or check to Banks Auto valued at $25,000. Winner must be at least 18 years of age, possess a valid driver's license and provide proof of insurance.
NHHBA reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value in the event of the unavailability of a prize.
4. GENERAL: By entering the raffle, participants agree that NHHBA, their agents and employees have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind which result from use of the prize, or by participation in the raffle. Contributions are not tax deductible. Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. NHHBA may use winners’ names and likenesses for publicity purposes without further compensation. Prize will not be delivered.
5. IMPORTANT VEHICLE INFORMATION: If Grand Prize winner chooses the new vehicle valued at $25,000 at Banks Auto, winner must choose and take possession of vehicle no later than December 31, 2022. All taxes, insurance, licensing, registration, title fees, acquisition fees, destination charges, freight delivery, any other costs that may be associated with purchasing and collecting the vehicle, any costs of vehicle more than $25,000, and all other expenses not specified herein and related to the acceptance and use of the Grand Prize are winner’s sole responsibility. The winner of the raffle will be required to sign a receipt when raffle item is picked up.
6. TAX OBLIGATIONS: The winner is responsible for paying all appropriate taxes and expenses resulting from winning a prize. NHHBA will send an IRS form 1099 noting the value of the prize to the winner and the IRS at year-end. The winner must submit to NHHBA a completed and signed IRS Form W-9 (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification) prior to delivery of the prize. When the winner gets the vehicle prize, the winner must pre-pay taxes to NHHBA in the amount of 25% of the fair market value of the vehicle (maximum vehicle value-- $25,000) minus the amount of ticket, prior to December 31, 2022. The winner will forfeit the vehicle prize if the winner fails or refuses to pre-pay the taxes prior to that deadline. If the winner pays the taxes with a check, the vehicle will not be delivered to the winner until the check has been cleared by NHHBA’s bank (clearing can take 7-14 days). If the winner selects the cash prize instead of the vehicle, NHHBA will estimate and deduct federal withholding taxes from the prize total and submit such taxes to the IRS prior to or simultaneously with the delivery of the net proceeds to the winner.
7. GRAND PRIZE IF LESS THAN 400 TICKETS ARE SOLD: If NHHBA does not sell at least 400 tickets, the Raffle will be held as scheduled, except that the Grand Prize Winner will receive an amount equal to 50% of the Net Raffle Proceeds paid as a one-time cash payment as full satisfaction of the Grand Prize. As used herein, the term “NET RAFFLE PROCEEDS” means (a) the gross proceeds received by NHHBA from the sale of tickets in the raffle less (b) the sum of all costs and expenses paid or incurred by NHHBA in connection with the raffle including, without limitation, the cost of all other prizes (whether claimed or awarded in the raffle) and all raffle-related expenses as determined by NHHBA. The determination by NHHBA will be binding in all events other than a manifest error made by NHHBA in the computation of the revenues and expenses of the raffle.
8. RESTRICTIONS: By participating in the NHHBA Raffle, a participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules, and by all decisions of the contest judges. For further information, please call NNHHBA : 603-228-0351 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A portion of proceeds with go to the NHHBA Builders Care Foundation “Hammers for Veterans” program (see http://www.builderscarenh.com) and a portion will go towards operations of the NHHBA